List of Blocked Instances, will be updated periodically
These guidelines are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies. They are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of Occult.camp. If anything outlined here doesn't make sense or you would like a deeper explanation, please speak with an admin or moderator to clear things up. Arguing these terms in bad faith may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service.
All NSFW content must be put under a warning with a clear indicator. As well, particularly upsetting content should be put under a content warning too- this may include violence/blood/horror, politics/war, posts containing discrimination, upsetting language/slurs, or nonconsentual actions, suicidal ideation, and so forth.
Content which is NEVER allowed and will be removed and in most cases suspended include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sexual depictions of children, in real or fictional settings
- "Shock imagery" such as death, gore, or abuse which is meant to upset the viewer (note: tagged gore in artwork is usually fine as long as it is not hateful or abusive in nature. Death, abuse, and gore may be referenced in posts with a content warning if it is for the sole purpose of raising awareness of an issue.)
Hate-speech and Bigotry
We refuse to take an apolitical stance, and have a zero tolerance policy for discrimination against minorities. We do not offer majority groups ("reverse-racism," "cisphobia," "misandry," etc.) these same protections, but will look at instances of targeted harassment. Anything determined to be advocation of the following things will result in a swift permanent suspension:
- Racism/colorism, such as slurs, stereotypes, imagery, etc.
- Sexism/genderism, such as with misogyny, transphobia, and NB-phobia
- Discrimination to ones orientation, such as with homophobia, biphobia, lesbophobia, etc.
- Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism, such as with antisemitism or Islamophobia
- Nazism/white supremacy, such as holocaust denial, dogwhistles, or symbolism
- Ableism, such as insults or epithets
Abuse and Harassment
Claims of harassment are left to the discretion of administration; if you have an issue which can't be handled by ignoring or blocking someone, you should let an admin know immediately. Some of the things which may fall under harassment include, but are not limited to:
- Microaggressions ("not all men", white/man/cis-splaining, using the wrong pronouns to address someone after being corrected, etc)
- Ableism, such as any insults or epithets regarding mental illness, learning disabilities, physical disabilities, or language/speech differences.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called "doxing") may be considered harassment. This include screenshotting a user's posts without their knowledge.
- Behaviour which is done in attempt to get a rise out of someone (also known as "trolling") or otherwise inciting the userbase, such as with dogpiling or brigading.
- Actions taken to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service (such as with hacking, DDoSing, or otherwise)
- "Sea-lioning," or demanding education on problematic behavior from a non-admin/moderator
- Failing to tag potentially sensitive replies when addressing another user
- Providing Credit
Any art and media which is shared that does not belong to the user submitting it should be tagged with the artist's name or have a clear name and/or link in the description. Deliberate art theft will be met with suspension.
- No Brands
While you are welcome to advertise your projects, creations such as art, music, or videos, and share donation links, accounts should be for personal use only, and trying to create a 'brand' here won't be tolerated.